Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A message from the Lord in Revelation 3

When I awoke today I found this verse from Revelation staring me in the face. I want everyone reading it to see if the Lord is telling them anything specially. When reading these verses from Revelation, take it as a hidden message to yourself if you can.


I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth.
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne.
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 3: 15-22



If the Holy Spirit has given you ears to hear this day, then this message may mean something unique to you. When the Lord talks about riches and goods, don't consider only material wealth but also spiritual fulfillment. Sometimes we may think we are spiritually perfect but we still have things we are lacking. The Lord says in the verses of bringing forth gold tried in the fire. This can be taken as Christ requiring spiritual fruit that had to be agonized over; spiritual fruit that didn't come easy. As Christ overcame the world and sin, we must overcome the world and sin also. If the Lord has reproved or chastised you this day by this message, then take it with some gladness. For if you are a son of God then the Lord will reprove you for any wrong you do. The Lord's knocking and saying let Him in. Open the door to your heart and bring the Lord in closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment