Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lord break my heart

God I pray You to break my heart
I pray You to burden my heart with the thought of others, so that I may think of others. Others who are my brethren who suffer persecution for their beliefs. Others who are my neighbors who don't know Christ and are being pulled down into hell. Others who have black-sliden and need You now more than ever. And others whose bodies, minds and spirits have been torn asunder by addiction and decay.

Put a burden in my heart for my own soul, so that I may always seek to refine myself. Let me not be comfortable with the state of my soul, so that I may constantly pursue the perfection of Christ; even though I am imperfect.

Break my heart O Lord less I turn a blind eye to all the suffering going on in the world. Let me feel and pray for those in pain. Let me mourn along side my brothers and sisters who are in mourning. Let me share the hurt and let us walk each other towards You.

Let me be poor in the world's values and passions, so that I may seek importance in what is Godly and spiritual. Let me neither want nor posses worldly riches that fill up my flesh and what moth and time destroy. Instead let me seek delight in doing the Lord's Will and bringing other's to Christ, so that the Lord's Book of Life may be filled with names of those who once back-sliden or did not know Him before.

Break my heart O Lord and let me feel for others. Less I become an impatient and violent man. Or a man who easily loses his temper and rages until I hurt the feelings of another.

Most of all my Lord break my heart and let me mourn for the pain the Son Jesus Christ suffered in my stead...Let me always remember that it is because of Him that the impossible was made possible....both for me and every man who shall live.

In the name of Jesus the Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment