Friday, May 22, 2009

You were born to display the Lord's Glory

In my upcoming testimony I briefly talk about how I survived, untouched, a horrible accident when I was a baby. Well recently I read several messages from the Lord which talked about how difficult it was to enter into His kingdom. Further more I read closely how there are only 2 ways to go....up or down. The Lord said it plainly that not everyone who will cry “Lord, Lord” will enter into the Kingdom. He will tell many in the day “Go away, I never knew you.” My heart broke hearing these things. I felt that I didn't have what it took to be one of the Lord's true children. And even if I was, what about my friends and family who did not yet know Christ? Even though this was during a time when I was eradicating all strongholds of sin from my life, I still sank into a deep sorrow. I wondered what if my deepest nightmare actually was going to happen. What if Christ said to me to depart from Him because I was with blemish? What if I never really knew Him because I don't hear Him talking to me as He talked to Moses or the other prophets? This makes me extremely uncomfortable to discuss and it churns me inside to even think about. And now that we are heading into the year of judgment it all seems like it's all or nothing.

Needless to say there were times when I would go to sleep totally broken, demoralized, hurt and depressed over the news. I would find myself saying “Why couldn't I have just died as a baby?!” or “I just wish I wasn't born at all”. I thought if I was going to go to hell because I wasn't a saint, then why couldn't I have just died in that accident which I survived as a baby.

That's when the Lord revealed to me that I was born to glorify His name. He put me and you on this dark world for a mission. We have a duty to Him. The path is narrow and there are few who find it, but to those who find the narrow path, they have a mission from the Lord. We don't realize how important we are. The Lord said in His book “You didn't chose me, I chose you.” God chose me and He chose you for something special. This world is deceived by the enemy and itself and the Lord needs shining lights to show this dark world the truth. That's where us, the elect come in. Jesus Christ dictated that the harvest is plenty but the harvesters are very few. He was foretelling us about the great gathering we need to do for the kingdom of Heaven.

If you were destined for hell then the Lord would have never selected you in the first place! You chosen to be an ambassador of the Lord's Kingdom before you were even born! So there is no time to curl up in a ball and wonder if we are going to be thrown into hell. There are people out there who don't know the Lord yet and we have to intercede for them. We have to spread the truth and stand in the gap for those who don't know the Lord yet. We have to petition for the Lord to turn back those who have back-slided. The Lord set you up as a light to the world---a lampstand of sorts. The world may not read a Bible, but they will read you. They will see you and you will be a testament for the Kingdom of Heaven. Thus make your works reflective of the Lord's domain. We are in this fight not just for ourselves but for our friends and family, and yea even strangers. When we make ourselves pure and a living sacrifice unto God, He sees us as a reason to shed mercy on others around us. When we intercede and pray that God turns the hearts of our friends and family who do not know Christ, God starts to take action on it. So when we start praying or fasting or interceding on someone's behalf, the Lord sees it and sheds mercy on the people we pray for. Think for a minute...what if that person you are interceding or praying for is your wife or girlfriend who never knew Christ. Or maybe that person you are praying for is your parents who were atheists or a friend who is a satanist. God said if he found 10 righteous men in Sodom and Gomorrah He would have spared the entire city.

No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead,
he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.
Luke 8:16


Now I'm not saying that we can give salvation, because only the Holy Spirit can save people or turn their hearts unto the Lord. But we can pray that God saves people, we can intercede on their behalf, we can ask the Lord to turn their heart, and we can tell them about Jesus Christ. Now since the Lord chose you to be His servant of heaven, you have to bear fruit. The brethren bear fruit in a variety of ways. I used to think that the only way to bear fruit was by street preaching or being a missionary in another country. But the Lord showed me there was a variety of ways I could display the glory of the Lord to others around me. Just talking about Him or sharing the Lord with others is a great way to bear fruit. Recently I signed up for Xanga, Livejournal, and Bloggers because I had many writings about the Lord that I wanted to share with people. You guys out there can do the same thing. Read and talk about a scripture and how it helped you in your life. Post your testimony of how you came to Jesus Christ. You will find that many times your testimony can serve as encouragement to others who are coming to Christ. For all of you brethren who have video cameras, you can upload your testimony to youtube or other video sites where people can watch you confess the Lord before them! Jesus also said, “He who confesses me before man, I will also confess before my Father and the angels.”

So you and I have much fruit to bear for the Lord. With the technology we have today, we have more opportunities to glorify God than ever before. And as we bear fruit and bring glory to God before men, then we will see how we are in fact chosen by God. A lot of people are counting on you and me. The Lord is counting on you to do His will. Your friends and family who don't know Christ are counting on you to pray for them. Don't let them all down. There is no time to start feeling sorry for ourselves. We HAVE to fight this fight!

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit" (John 15:16).

No comments:

Post a Comment