Monday, May 11, 2009

We do not deserve anything except eternal destruction

My friends today I discuss something that really disturbs and hurts me a lot. The human race deserves nothing from God except hell itself. We can never be good enough to think that we have earned anything from the Lord. We can never have done enough good deeds or behaved nice enough or have gone to church enough to be saved from hell. The only reason mankind has a chance, despite our filth, to make it into the kingdom of heaven is because of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the only one who deserves anything because He is the only one who triumphed over all without the slightest blemish. And even while He stood on earth, He never exalted Himself before His Father in Heaven. Instead He asked that His Father's will be done instead of His own. Jesus Christ was the only person in history to live without any evil inside of Him and yet still be punished for all the evils we have done.

Nothing impure or with the slightest sin can enter into the kingdom of God. Any one sin makes a person fit for only hell. We have to understand that God is a perfect being. He is flawless and it seems absurd that something filthy or dirty should be able to come into contact with something so clean. I myself am thousands of dollars in debt from college and the Lord said to owe no one the slightest farthing. So right there I deserve hell for being in so deep in debt and disobeying God. God is the very definition of what is good or holy. What man sees as good is actually just evil. And it makes sense to when you consider that God is omnipotent and knows what is best for everything---anywhere.

Even though I call myself a Christian I might still go to hell just as much as any atheist or satanist. What makes me so special? How am I any more deserving of the Lord's mercy as the guy across the street or on the other side of the world? There is no guarantee that I am destined for Heaven. Mary K. Baxter said that when she was dealt a vision of hell, she saw many Christians there. Even if the Lord promised me that I would be in His kingdom, would we really want to know? Would we really want to know so that we may prop our feet up on the desk and relax? Would we really want to know so that we show no thought or pray for people who are going to hell? I personally ask that the Lord breaks my heart and makes me fearful of Him so that I may never relax or stop showing mercy to others. I pray that I am always kept on my toes so that I may constantly reform myself and that many others join me in the Lord's kingdom. But I will not know until the day I die. Jesus Christ is the bouncer at the door and if He doesn't like the way you appear to Him, He won't let you inside His Kingdom. I can say I know Jesus Christ all I wants, but what counts in the end is if He knows me.

The only person worthy is Jesus Christ. Even though I try not to sin everyday I still manage to do that. For example before I went to type this very blog I stopped to have lunch. Right there I have sinned in the eyes of God because I sought out my own fulfillment before God's. So I don't walk the streets looking down on people going “tsk tsk that person is going to hell because he's like that or this person is going to fall because he's doing this”. I wouldn't even dare think of such a thing, because all of us are in need of Jesus Christ. Who am I to pass judgment on anyone? For I am not God nor am I totally perfect like Jesus Christ. Instead I pray that all of us make it into the Lord's kingdom. I pray that Jesus rescue us all, from all religions and peoples. I pray that people who have angered or hurt me make it into heaven all the same. And for people who have ever been kind to me then I hope their mansion in heaven is doubled when they see it. But this will only happen with Jesus Christ. All I can do as a mortal imperfect man is to pray for others.

Do any of you remember back in school when you saw that beautiful woman or handsome man? And you knew that you didn't have a chance with them because they were the most popular, the most smartest, the richest or the most athletic person in school. Well this is God. He's this all powerful being that is spotless and pure. And we are just these flawed and temporary creatures that He has made. I'm not saying this for the purpose of being humble; rather it is just pure logic. If you made a pile of mud and it asked to dwell inside your cleaned house, would you do it? No you wouldn't. But God was willing to sacrifice Himself so that these piles of mud would be clean enough to enter His house.

We are all undeserving of the white robes of Christ, that is why I thank Him and praise Him for His sacrifice where He suffered for it. Understand that those white robes He will clothe us in was brought at a very very high price. He had to bleed and agonize for them. He didn't have to do it, because He was totally perfect...yet He did. And He didn't just do it for us Christians, but He did it for every single person across the globe. I know that many people say in their heart, “oh God owes me for this” or “or God is suppose to reward me for what I did here” or “God should give me that for me being like this”. I say again, we do NOT deserve ANYTHING. The only reason we get something is because of Jesus Christ.

God will have mercy on who He wants. For some people have only one chance to repent and others have multiple. We are not to understand or to know God's master plan. But one thing are to do is to trust Him. It is good that God does not let us know His master plan or who is to be saved or not. For if we did, we may become less mindful of His glory and perfection. Let us serve God; the very source of goodness and perfection and let us feel honored by it. For the air I breath, I am grateful to God for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment